Skiing in Utah

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
Michael
#6 Son

Skiing in Utah

Post by Michael »

Here are some pics from my last trip to Utah.

Dave was emailing me the weather forecasts all week. By the time I decided to make the trip the only flight I could get arrived at 11:30 pm. We were on the road the next morning at 7:00 am and heading to Snowbasin for Michaela's race.
Michaela was late in the bottom of the course and missed a gate. There was too much snow and the second race was cancelled.

Sunday we headed up to Snowbird. It had snowed quite a bit and was storming pretty hard all day. We skied little cloud in the morning and I couldn't tell which way I was moving, major vertigo. In the afternoon we hit Gad chutes and got some chest deep powder.

I did a half day on Monday. The canyon was closed in the morning due to slides but we got up to the mountain by 10:00. Most of the lifts were closed because the liftees weren't able to get up the canyon or because of superbowl hangovers. I got to take several runs down door number two right below gadzoom. I inhaled some explosive residue from a grenade that was tossed from the lift. :pukeright:

Thanks for the great time Dave!
thumb_michrace.jpg
Attachments
Slingblade before the lifts opened at Snowbasin
Slingblade before the lifts opened at Snowbasin
Racer parents watching the race
Racer parents watching the race
Desktop_12.gif
Desktop_12.gif (213.63 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
gifanim_14.gif
gifanim_14.gif (673.56 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
MM \m/ike MM