Russ and Judy Go to Vegas

Where are my people at?

Grampa & Gramma

Russ and Judy Go to Vegas

Post by Grampa & Gramma »

We spent about three weeks in John and Liz's house in Summerlin while they were spending the winter in Hawaii. It was very relaxing after the busy holiday season. We spent time with Kay and Jerry Harmon, our old friends from NZ days. Puzzles, golf, good food, good weather (except for one day) and good books!
Attachments
We played with Jerry a couple times.
We played with Jerry a couple times.
Judy beat us both on the first hole with a par!
Judy beat us both on the first hole with a par!
We did three puzzles and came home with more from Goodwill.
We did three puzzles and came home with more from Goodwill.
We had snow and wind on one day, but it was soon back in the 70's.
We had snow and wind on one day, but it was soon back in the 70's.
We drove out to Lake Mead.  The lake is down over 100 feet.  Perhaps the El Nino winter will help.
We drove out to Lake Mead. The lake is down over 100 feet. Perhaps the El Nino winter will help.
We saw a friendly big horn sheep.
We saw a friendly big horn sheep.
All along the roads near the lake are these "turtle fences."  The rocks are holding some of the fence down so they don't dig under it.  OK - I know they are Desert Tortoises.  I don't think they would take offence!
All along the roads near the lake are these "turtle fences." The rocks are holding some of the fence down so they don't dig under it. OK - I know they are Desert Tortoises. I don't think they would take offence!
We watched the Super Bowl with Kay and Jerry.  Nice outcome but not as exciting a game as some in the past.
We watched the Super Bowl with Kay and Jerry. Nice outcome but not as exciting a game as some in the past.
We seem to be in Vega at Chinese New Year time every year.  The Belagio always decorates with lots of flowers.
We seem to be in Vega at Chinese New Year time every year. The Belagio always decorates with lots of flowers.
This year it is the year of the monkey.
This year it is the year of the monkey.
Russ & Judy