SLC Christmas 2005 - A Blow by Blow Account

General news and information
David
#4 Son

SLC Christmas 2005 - A Blow by Blow Account

Post by David »

Well it started off with a bang last Friday. I left work a little early, feeling a bit of a body ache and by 5 I was in bed shivering. By Sunday at about noon I had stopped feeling dizzy and the chills had stopped. Ugh it was a long weekend of ny-quil day and nite. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Got the tree up Saturday. Don't ask me how.... I was heavily medicated. Mc and Dee strung the lights and hung the ornaments. I couldn't watch, too sedated. http://vicks.com/products/nyquil_liquid.shtml

Took Monday off and worked on coughing up fur balls most of the day. Also saw our old friend prancing through the yard (he's bigger this year! almost a trophy). The dogs wanted to play with him too.

Back to work for a few hours and then back to bed/shopping ;) What do you buy a Mother-in-Law who wants nothing?

Love David
Attachments
This is the Bomb!!
This is the Bomb!!
Prod_NyQuilLiquid.gif (27.31 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Perfect symmetry and pretty tall too
Perfect symmetry and pretty tall too
CamPic4a.jpg (29.25 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Only had the cheap-o digital.  Sorry about the quality
Only had the cheap-o digital. Sorry about the quality
CamPic4.jpg (640.05 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Glad your feeling better Dave. I'm heading off to Indy this afternoon.
Attachments
i also made a nativity scene this year
i also made a nativity scene this year
the star
the star
My Xmas tree grew a bit this year
My Xmas tree grew a bit this year
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

David
#4 Son

status report - solstice

Post by David »

12-22-06

Tuesday night the clan went to Michaela Futsal practice game. Futsall is an indoor soccer game that is played with a limited flight soccer ball (it doesn't bounce). It's played 5 v 5 on a field that is basketball court size. I have attached a pic and movie for you to see. The place we play is an old foundry or something it's very cold and poorly lit.

didn't make it through the full day at work. pretty googly-eyed from the medication still.

Michaela cut my hair with the clippers and that went pretty well. I am suprised she didn't get hair on her tongue. she looked pretty funny clipping, concentrating and sticking her tongue through her lips. Deirdre wants to cut it next time.

Wednesday

Worked all day, feeling much better, just generally didn't want to work. Spent some time thinking about what shopping is left and came to the realization that too much remained. It will be a short day today.

We all went to a Solstice Party at a soccer parents house. We have known them for years through the girls soccer adn we had a chance to meet some other soccer parents we hadn't seen in years. It was a nice time and quite a few of the revelers were trying to make a sacrifice. I held off. I felt I should wait unitl I could handle it. Still feeling a bit under the weather.
Attachments
Futsal
Futsal
David
#4 Son

From here to eternity

Post by David »

12-23-05

Went shopping to finish the list today and had great success. Stopped at the bank to deposit the last expense check of the year. Raced to Walmart to see if there were any items I needed. I don't really like to g ot Walmart since it has some business practices that seem to put the place of humanity after that of plastic. Didn't find what I needed there, and the bathroom was only kinda clean. Shot over to Costco. Dog Food, Kleenex, frozen Shrimp, 17 minutes and out to Pet Smart for new dog tags. There was a guy and his wife there with 8 ferrets in a shopping kart. The little weasles were really well behaved. Onto the freeway to the Gateway Mall and picked up Dominiques gift. Bounce to "what was Freds" adn got the girls the last few things. And then home. 10Am to 1PM and done. :cheers:

Dominique was mixing cookies when I got home. and the baking started shortly afterward. Sugar, ginger, and almond. From about 2 to 10PM we did Cookies. My oh My. Frosting tomorrow.

The girls went down to teh gateway mall on the bus with their friend tori. It is very nice that they feel like they can handle that. We scooped poop and washed the back porch down. this is the worst part of dogs, without question.
Attachments
Deirdre, tori, and michaela just back from the mall
Deirdre, tori, and michaela just back from the mall
Antoinette is here for teh week adn we're enjoying her visit
Antoinette is here for teh week adn we're enjoying her visit
scoopin' poopin'
scoopin' poopin'
Rubio and Rex fighting over the Kong.  A fovorite past-time
Rubio and Rex fighting over the Kong. A fovorite past-time
dominique cutting out another tray
dominique cutting out another tray
Ginger cookies
Ginger cookies
Dominique was cooked by about 10:30
Dominique was cooked by about 10:30
David
#4 Son

The day After

Post by David »

12-26-05

To get caught up. there was no shopping to be done on Christmas Eve. But we went to the gateway Mall anyway. Possibly nothing more relaxing than going shopping without the shopping part. We watched the people and made bets on people getting caught in the fountain. Toni, Deirdre, Michaela and I sat in the sun, and watched. It was a beautiful day.

We were all early to bed, 11:00PM and out by the tree by 7:30. Started with coffee, then nog, nog, nog. The girls loved it, all four of them. Toni got a 14 disc set of Wagners Ring. I landed season two of the original Star Trek. It is a toss up which is more "classic" or which is higher drama. the girls loved the clothes and also enjoyed the other things too. all in all a great success. Ham dinner.

Today we spent part of the day at Antelope Island seeing the sights. Dominique made Clam Chowder tonight, delicious. also watched spock and kirk, awesome!!!!

Back to work tomorrow. felling pretty fine though the cough remains.
Attachments
At the Antelope Island Ranch
At the Antelope Island Ranch
Deirdre was shot with a stun setting
Deirdre was shot with a stun setting
Michaela Fashion
Michaela Fashion
PT-109
PT-109
F-14A Tomcat
F-14A Tomcat
The Fountain at the Gateway Mall