McCloud 4th Menu

General news and information
Michael
#6 Son

McCloud 4th Menu

Post by Michael »

C&A sent me the proposed menu. Check it out here:
The menu

This is a working draft so if you have any suggestions or changes, post them on the website ASAP so we can adapt the list. For example, if Jon wants to bring any wild game, that's cool.

Dave and Do, Jon and Rusty, and Jason and Ann should pick a night for which they will be mostly responsible for cooking (there will be lots of help, I am sure).

You can download the menu so you can edit it in word if needed.
Attachments
July 4th.doc
the menu
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Chris just reminded me about s'mores. I'll pick up the ingredients, someone else can bring the ghost stories.

MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

judith

Post by judith »

Got the menu copied and will do our best to find it all. Do you want links or bulk sausage? Can't wait for Dad to get home again, I'm working much too hard. Counting the days until we're at the river.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi Chris and Ada, I can bring the breakfast sausage that we made, sausage, hot links, and other stuff. Just let me know how much you think you might need. Do you have a fridge/freezer? Assuming you do.

Also, what sort of gear do we need to bring? Bags, pads, tent, etc. If you think of anything else we might need just let us know. Otherwise we'll just bring our personal kits.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Jon
Jason
#5 Son

Post by Jason »

Ann and I would like to do the Brick Chicken Night if it hasnt been spoken for.

We will likely roll in late on the 1st. I will be coming overland with a fair bit of dry cargo room. I pick up Ann in Reno. We plan to camp. I am really looking forward to seeing you all.

What is the hottest fly at the moment Chris.
David
#4 Son

Dominique and I will choose the Dinner on the fourth

Post by David »

Sign me and Dominique up for the 4th.

How is the road coming in to the cabin parking area. as I recall it was not too bad. Are there any larger holes I could not get through in the car?

C U soon.

David

PS still uncertain when we will arrive. Probably the 2nd.
Chris
#2 Son

Post by Chris »

Hey everybody,
I hope you all got the email that I sent around about gear to bring etc. We will need to camp out or pile into our cabin on the nights of the 1st and 2nd. Have tent space for 8, and that should be plenty, so all you need to bring is a bag and a sissy pad. (Except Rusty, Mom and Dad). Jon, we will take you up on the offer of sausage: see the menu and we can use your meat for mornings of 4th and 5th, and instead of brats on the dinner of the 4th and for the pizza night. Also the dinner on the 5th is unspoken for yet so I'm going to act by fiat and assign that one to Rusty and Jon- Jon if you have a big chunk of wild something that you want to substitue for pork, let Mom and Dad know so they dont buy a loin too. (Mom, please cross the sausage items off of your shopping list).
The road down to the parking area is in better shape than last year. I'm going to try to post the map with directions to the place (mainly for Jason and Ann's benefit, as all the other drivers have experience)>> If you expect to arrive after dark be advised that headlamps are recommended to negotiate the path into the compound. It would be good to know (by email) the approximate ETAs for everyone (many backs make light work).
Attachments
MRPmap.doc
(62.5 KiB) Downloaded 212 times