Duchesne Camp Out

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
judith

Duchesne Camp Out

Post by judith »

We had a 5 day campout on the North Fork of the Duchesne last week with Mike, D & D and girls, and J & A & SR. Cold at night (40 F) and hot in the day (90). We camped near the river and no one else was around, because Mom put up a big sign on the road that said "RCB Reunion". It was Steven's first camping trip, and he was well taken care of and (fairly) well behaved. He is about twenty pounds now, and a load for G & G. We have taught him to roll over, next is to teach him to crawl. Ann says to go slow! Here's the show:
Attachments
Pretty nice country!
Pretty nice country!
The view the other way.
The view the other way.
We built the traditional fir pit, and found lots of wood at a nearby USFS campground.
We built the traditional fir pit, and found lots of wood at a nearby USFS campground.
We did lots of reading, especially Michaela!
We did lots of reading, especially Michaela!
Everyone took a turn at dinner - this was Dave and Do's turn.
Everyone took a turn at dinner - this was Dave and Do's turn.
Ann and Steven were usually up early, so we started a fire and waited for tea and coffee.
Ann and Steven were usually up early, so we started a fire and waited for tea and coffee.
Steven was cool in his "camo" shades!
Steven was cool in his "camo" shades!
Steven also had a special seat in the tent trailer!
Steven also had a special seat in the tent trailer!
This was the first time Mike saw Steven and had to learn how to hold him!  And he did!
This was the first time Mike saw Steven and had to learn how to hold him! And he did!
This is the southernmost evidence of an Inuit incursion into the lower 48.!
This is the southernmost evidence of an Inuit incursion into the lower 48.!
rusty

Re: Duchesne Camp Out

Post by rusty »

looks like my kind of weekend (5 days) and a spectacular location. I might try that sign at the end of the road trick. Have to be careful it doesn't backfire, like putting up "nudidst re-union" or "survivalist convention" etc.

those were pretty impressive suasages you were cooking Dave, i hope everybody got one of their own!
David
#4 Son

Post by David »

sliced them up and added them to a cajun red beans and rice mix. Delicious. We were only there for one of the nights which was way to short to get my relax going. Dominique has been getting a lot of action in the real estate business so we hung around for that and sent the little ladies with G&G D4D M0M and Mike MM .

It was great to see Little Steven 22 ! He's growin like a weed. Mom can teach him to crawl and I'll teach him swear words (flip, fetch, dash, and dang, the good ones)

Can't wait to do it again.
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

That was a great trip! and it was really great to meet l'il Steven. We gotta do it again. Here are some of my pics.
Attachments
Here is picture of the irrigation canal that we camped next to.  (For Chris and Ada)
Here is picture of the irrigation canal that we camped next to. (For Chris and Ada)
One day I hiked up to a cave with Mich and De.
One day I hiked up to a cave with Mich and De.
Deirdre chased the cows away when they got too close to camp.
Deirdre chased the cows away when they got too close to camp.
The pit.
The pit.
Deirdre saw this skunk that was walking through the campsite
Deirdre saw this skunk that was walking through the campsite
Do you like my hat?
Do you like my hat?
IMG_2881.JPG
IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2921_2.JPG
IMG_2925.JPG
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Jon

Post by Jon »

Sounds like it was a good trip and that everyone had a good time. Steven is really a handsome guy!