2009 Hunting Diary

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
Jon

2009 Hunting Diary

Post by Jon »

I just got back from a trip to Wyoming with 6 other guys from California and Florida. Several mild (relative for Wyoming) winters had allowed population of antelope to increase dramatically. We all held 2 doe tags each and more tags were available over the counter. Weather was very cold towards the start with the high the day we arrived of 14 F. Towards the end things warmed up considerably and everyone eventually tagged out with either 2,3 or 4.
Attachments
Antelope Doe Unit 71 Bluff
Antelope Doe Unit 71 Bluff
Jon

Re: 2009 Hunting Diary

Post by Jon »

Here's the doe that Andy got in the Ohio youth season hunt. He made a great shot and it keeled over within sight of us. The other picture is of a buck that I took during archery season.
Attachments
2009 Andy Ohio Doe 2.jpg
2009 RA Buck 3.jpg
Jon

Post by Jon »

This guy was really tired after chasing around all night. Too small to take home.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Some really good stuff here Jon, how did you get that video? I have some spearfisher friends here who have underwater cameras mounted on their guns. Good work Andy on that deer, I hope dad didn't make you carry all that back to the car on your own!
Jon

Post by Jon »

My digital camera has a video feature and once I have decided i'm not shooting I'll pull it out and start recording. Not a lot of zoom so have to get things up pretty close like this one. I'd like to get one of those small digital video units-they are getting cheaper all the time.