California August 2014

Where are my people at?

rusty

California August 2014

Post by rusty »

As the first leg of my "North American Tour" I was treated to some time in California. Mike picked me up from the Airport and I was able to spend some time with Hannah, Mathida and Winston in Oakland before a warm drive up the valley to Shasta and the Nelson Ranch. It was a delight to see how Mathilda has grown and also to meet Winston who will make an impact I am sure, tho whether it is as a lineman or a statesman is yet to be seen! We all had a few days at the Nelson Ranch before Mike and Hannah had to return, and I spent a few more days learning more about the area. Some great country and some great work going on at the ranch, tho I was most impressed by the Kim Chi pancakes and the bass in the lake.....It was really great being able to spend such a great few days with everyone and I hope to be able to get back soon. Thanks to everyone for fitting in some time I know there is a lot going on!
Attachments
Picnic at the lake. Water was low but warm, Winston had his mind on more important matters!
Picnic at the lake. Water was low but warm, Winston had his mind on more important matters!
Everyone got in for a swim and it was a welcome relief from temps over 95F and lots of smoke from fires burning in a ring around Shasta Valley.
Everyone got in for a swim and it was a welcome relief from temps over 95F and lots of smoke from fires burning in a ring around Shasta Valley.
We picked some prolific blackberries and ended up with about 8 ? gallons
We picked some prolific blackberries and ended up with about 8 ? gallons
High levels of satisfaction were all too evident.....
High levels of satisfaction were all too evident.....
Oakland Crew
Oakland Crew
Some highly aggressive largemouth in the lake at Nelson....
Some highly aggressive largemouth in the lake at Nelson....