Camping at last!

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
Grampa & Gramma

Camping at last!

Post by Grampa & Gramma »

We spent most of last week camping on the Wasatch Plateau west of Ferron in central Utah. It was our first trip this year - usually we have been out 4-5 times so far! Too busy for our own good!
Attachments
Great view, great fire, cool in the day, cold at night: Perfect!
Great view, great fire, cool in the day, cold at night: Perfect!
Here's our site among the trees.  Our summer home on wheels.
Here's our site among the trees. Our summer home on wheels.
Camping is all about eating well!  The wine is a Gramp's, S. Austr.!
Camping is all about eating well! The wine is a Gramp's, S. Austr.!
Its always a good omen to have a deer in camp!
Its always a good omen to have a deer in camp!
Wrigly Reservoir is a couple miles down the road from our camp.
Wrigly Reservoir is a couple miles down the road from our camp.
This is an '06 photo, but the fish were just as big and even more of them!
This is an '06 photo, but the fish were just as big and even more of them!
We played golf at Ferron but I was too busy trying to find my lost balls to take any pictures, so this one is also from '06.
We played golf at Ferron but I was too busy trying to find my lost balls to take any pictures, so this one is also from '06.
On Thursday afternoon I walked up the road, to look at the rocks (of course!), and this is what I saw over the hill!  Scarry!  So we decided to have dinner early, pack up, stop one more time at Wrigley Reservoir(!), and head home.  We planned to go early the next morning anyway.
On Thursday afternoon I walked up the road, to look at the rocks (of course!), and this is what I saw over the hill! Scarry! So we decided to have dinner early, pack up, stop one more time at Wrigley Reservoir(!), and head home. We planned to go early the next morning anyway.
As we drove out we found out it was a controlled burn - not a problem.  But, this morning I read in the paper that it got out of controll (not badly, tho).
As we drove out we found out it was a controlled burn - not a problem. But, this morning I read in the paper that it got out of controll (not badly, tho).
Russ & Judy
Michael
#6 Son

Re: Camping at last!

Post by Michael »

MM :thumbleft:

Some epic posts Dad! Looks like a lot of fun.

If you want to edit a post you can click the modify button in the top right of the individual posts.

I want to go camping! When are you going next?
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Grampa & Gramma

Re: Camping at last!

Post by Grampa & Gramma »

Mike - You come, we go! Anytime!
I went to modify but didn't know how to change the pictures - the text was OK. I'll try again next time I do this. It takes an hour to post 12 pictures! I tire easily in the face of technology!
Dad
Russ & Judy