The Katie Chronical

General news and information
Katie

The Katie Chronical

Post by Katie »

Hey Everyone,

I have been so out of touch lately and thought I'd let you know what I've been up to! I finished my first year of university last year and passed all subjects with three distinctions and three credits for my subjects. VERY STOKED! I'm doing a media and communication course and this year i am majoring along the business lines and public relations more specifically. I think this will be a great opportunity and I am still leaving many options open.

I have been working at a chiropractic clinic for almost 6 months now! I cant believe its been that long. I really enjoy it and although I'm 10-30 years younger than everyone else, I still manage to fit in well at the all-girl clinic. Its a great job. I have met a lot of patients with some cool stories to tell, as receptionist in the waiting room, i get a lot of bored people sharing all sorts of interesting facts. Our chiropractors work in the applied kinesiology technique and focus on muscle testing, working a lot with children with learning difficulties and behavioral problems. I enjoy working there because the patients aren't 'sick' just maybe a bit sore or way too hyperactive. I don't think I'd fancy working for a gp...

I bought a bike last year. Pretty fancy. Its sort of a hybrid but more along the lines of a road bike. I ride to work every day and when uni starts ill be riding there too. I enjoy riding so its not really a drag and i'm pleased i can fit exercise into my cheap and environmentally friendly transport mode!

I am still with my boyfriend Rhys. We have been together since around October 2007. He is over a lot because he has a car. HAHA i make him drive. Gramma always said treat 'em mean keep 'em keen. It works! He is working at rip curl at the moment and has just enrolled for tertiary admissions. I have 6 girlfriends from Perth coming to stay with me next week. We have booked a hotel in the city so mum and dad wont feel too overwhelmed! I'm ready to party! I'm 19 in two weeks! Not sure what i will do, i haven't really ever had a big party cause i'm too afraid that so many things can go wrong so i was thinking more along the lines of a barbecue. I'm saving for a car and want to come to the US in November 2010 after uni.

I hope everyone is well and happy. I'll add some photos to the post when i get home. Thinking of you and love you all buttloads