Neighborhood skate bowl

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
Michael
#6 Son

Neighborhood skate bowl

Post by Michael »

My buddy Tom built a skatebowl in his backyard. He brought down guys from Oregon to build it. I went over a few times to help out. It is a really great bowl and it is pretty close to San Leandro.
Attachments
Digging the hole
Digging the hole
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Katie

Re: Neighborhood skate bowl

Post by Katie »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Nice bowl. As a home owner I wonder if that limits resale. Can you fill it with water and call it a pool? When are you getting one. You could also use it as a turkey trap.
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Some action shots from the other day. Professional photographer at the session. I got to skate Tom's with Steve Caballero the other day.

I'm sure having this in the backyard helps resale if you can find the right buyer. I'm not sure that you can fill it with water but Tom is currently trying to get the permitting in place and it sounds like they are using swimming pool guidelines to figure it out.
Attachments
Frontside grind
Frontside grind
Frontside air shallow to deep
Frontside air shallow to deep
Frontside 50-50 tailgrab in
Frontside 50-50 tailgrab in
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Been a while since I posted anything... Been busy but not too busy to get a little skating in...
Attachments
Learning to do backside airs over the hip.  Picture by Joey, he does a lot of the graphics for the Weirdo boards.
Learning to do backside airs over the hip. Picture by Joey, he does a lot of the graphics for the Weirdo boards.
bs ollie.jpg (118.04 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Another Joey pic.  The coping in the deep end is really smooth so these feeble grinds work out.
Another Joey pic. The coping in the deep end is really smooth so these feeble grinds work out.
feeble.jpg (143.05 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Joey got a wide angle lens for his iphone and captured the whole bowl and me doing a frontside air over the hip into the deep end.  Stinkbug.
Joey got a wide angle lens for his iphone and captured the whole bowl and me doing a frontside air over the hip into the deep end. Stinkbug.
weirdo bowl.jpg (100.26 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Joey's friend took this one.  He had all the flashes so the picture came out pretty sharp.  I'm pretty sure I bailed this one.
Joey's friend took this one. He had all the flashes so the picture came out pretty sharp. I'm pretty sure I bailed this one.
I'm pretty sure this was a bail too.
I'm pretty sure this was a bail too.
FS-ollie bail.jpg (120.9 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Here's another one from this weeks session.

I was trying to do it tuck knee but I went too big and my knee popped out. From the angle of the picture you can't really tell that it is stink bug.
Attachments
pic by joey again
pic by joey again
FS air.jpg (139.36 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Chris
#2 Son

Post by Chris »

What does popping your knee out mean for your career with the Ghost Rider squad? Is stink bug skater lingo for major ACL tearing? At least you're still rocking the MCB signature 'claw' when rolling.
rusty

Post by rusty »

slick and sick
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

Here are some more. Been skating with Steve Caballero quite a bit. He is in the background of the picture where I'm doing a frontside air.
Attachments
Steve checking out my stinkbug air
Steve checking out my stinkbug air
backside air
backside air
skating the combi bowl on our last trip to Disneyland
skating the combi bowl on our last trip to Disneyland
bs air in the combi
bs air in the combi
Mathilda will not be far behind
Mathilda will not be far behind
I have been talking with the people at Neurocrine, a company north of San Diego.  Check out what is located just south of their campus.
I have been talking with the people at Neurocrine, a company north of San Diego. Check out what is located just south of their campus.
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

Chris
#2 Son

Post by Chris »

Mathilda has the claw too!
paper citation: Babcock, M. C. and Babcock, M. 2021. Patrilineal inheritance of the the MCB-stinkbug locus: an observational study with evidence from the genome and multivariate contusions. J. Skateb. Genet.