Latest rowing results

General news and information
rusty

Latest rowing results

Post by rusty »

Katie had the last regatta of the season yesterday, the WA Schoolgirls championships or Head of the River. Her crew was undefeated going into the race so they had a lot of expectations to carry. It was an incredibly exciting race, with Katies crew going into the last 1000m in second place and about a boat lenght behind! they managed to catch and over take the other boat with about 500 to go, but the other boat then put on its own burst and took the lead again. Penrhos pulled back even and with about 100m to go the boats were basically dead even, and every time the crews would take a stroke the lead would change! I thought I just saw them edge ahead at the finish line thru my binoculars.
Attachments
katie at head of river.jpg
katie at head of river.jpg (39.46 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
Things went from tears to smiles pretty quickly.  a great end to the season.
Things went from tears to smiles pretty quickly. a great end to the season.
katie and Margie at HOR 2005.jpg (96.84 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
about two seconds after pulling in the PA system announced Katies crew had won by 0.2 of a second based on video replay!  Everyone was going nuts!
about two seconds after pulling in the PA system announced Katies crew had won by 0.2 of a second based on video replay! Everyone was going nuts!
10As realise they have won.JPG (34.68 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
When thte crew got back to shore, noone was sure what had happened, the girls thought they had lost because the other boat was going mental thinking they had won.  You can see katie here hopping out to stop her boat.
When thte crew got back to shore, noone was sure what had happened, the girls thought they had lost because the other boat was going mental thinking they had won. You can see katie here hopping out to stop her boat.
10As returning after hor.JPG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
judith

The Race!

Post by judith »

Congratulations Katie! A more exciting finish coulden't be written! We knew you were a winner! We wish we could have been there! We've been thinking about this race and your crew all week, even in our dreams. Now our dreams, and your's, have come true! Our Love! G & G
Katie

Head Of River Dinner

Post by Katie »

The celebration dinner was really fun this year. We have a good meal and thank every one for their help and the tradition is that each year group does a skit. The night was really fun and was a good way to end the season. These are some photos of my friends and crew.
Attachments
Jo and i
Jo and i
HOR dinner 4.jpg (35.04 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
Caitlin our coxwain, Astrid and i
Caitlin our coxwain, Astrid and i
HOR dinner 3.jpg (42.78 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
my coaches, jon and mat and i
my coaches, jon and mat and i
HOR dinner 2.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
this is the champion crew
this is the champion crew