CTPB's

In the garden and in the kitchen.
Grampa & Gramma

CTPB's

Post by Grampa & Gramma »

OK - here's what you've all been waiting for - the formula for Curried Turkey Pizza Burgers!

Melt 3 T butter in a large skillet, saute 1 C diced celery, add 3 C cooked, diced or chopped turkey until warm, add 8 oz tomato sauce and seasoning (1 T curry powder, 1 t salt, 1 t ground oregano, 1/2 t pepper). Spoon 1/2 C turkey mixture on 1/2 hamburger bun, top with slice of cheese. Heat in 300 F oven for 5 minutes. Stand back - there will be a rush when they come out of the oven!
Notes: You must tast the mixture once all ingredients are in and warm, in order to get the spice right. You will probably want to add more of this or that to boost it up a couple notches. I used Prego-type seasoned sauce out of a bottle, and it worked well. You could use any kind of tomato sauce, or just the plain. You could also add other ingredients to the mixture, but this would infringe on the pending patents!

Here are some of the relevant pictures! Enjoy!
Attachments
Beautiful, aren't they!  Even the girls like them!
Beautiful, aren't they! Even the girls like them!
Mike was all teeth and elbows, but Rosa was a little skeptical at first!  She joined in, tho, and gave her endorsement.
Mike was all teeth and elbows, but Rosa was a little skeptical at first! She joined in, tho, and gave her endorsement.
We made 24, and two were left for Mike and I the next day.
We made 24, and two were left for Mike and I the next day.
Russ & Judy
Jason
#5 Son

Post by Jason »

I DIDNT KNOW THERE WERE ANY LEFT!

they were great thanks Dad
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

:evilbat:
Attachments
mmmmmm curry turkey pizza burgers