Moving to South San Francisco

General news and information
Michael
#6 Son

Moving to South San Francisco

Post by Michael »

In February I'm moving to South San Francisco. I'll be within walking distance to work and closer to the new skatepark in Pacific. The new place is a 2 bedroom with a backyard and a garage. Plus it has washer/dryer hookups and is cheaper rent.
Attachments
Plus it is at lower risk of liquifaction then most parts of South City
Plus it is at lower risk of liquifaction then most parts of South City
A. my place ,  B. Pacifica skatepark, C. airport,  D. my old place ,   E.  SF downtown
A. my place , B. Pacifica skatepark, C. airport, D. my old place , E. SF downtown
A. my place
<br />B. downtown South City w/ awesome burrito place and dim sum
A. my place
B. downtown South City w/ awesome burrito place and dim sum
A. my new place
<br />B. work
A. my new place
B. work
x marks the spot
x marks the spot
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

judith

Post by judith »

Mike that looks great for you we'll be anxious to see it. It will be good to have some yard too.
David
#4 Son

WHAT IS THE MODIFIED MECALLI SCALE YOU ASK?

Post by David »

http://www.seismo.unr.edu/ftp/pub/louie ... calli.html

VI. Everyone feels movement. People have trouble walking. Objects fall from shelves. Pictures fall off walls. Furniture moves. Plaster in walls might crack. Trees and bushes shake. Damage is slight in poorly built buildings. No structural damage.
VII. People have difficulty standing. Drivers feel their cars shaking. Some furniture breaks. Loose bricks fall from buildings. Damage is slight to moderate in well-built buildings; considerable in poorly built buildings.
VIII. Drivers have trouble steering. Houses that are not bolted down might shift on their foundations. Tall structures such as towers and chimneys might twist and fall. Well-built buildings suffer slight damage. Poorly built structures suffer severe damage. Tree branches break. Hillsides might crack if the ground is wet. Water levels in wells might change.
IX. Well-built buildings suffer considerable damage. Houses that are not bolted down move off their foundations. Some underground pipes are broken. The ground cracks. Reservoirs suffer serious damage.
X. Most buildings and their foundations are destroyed. Some bridges are destroyed. Dams are seriously damaged. Large landslides occur. Water is thrown on the banks of canals, rivers, lakes. The ground cracks in large areas. Railroad tracks are bent slightly.
XI. Most buildings collapse. Some bridges are destroyed. Large cracks appear in the ground. Underground pipelines are destroyed. Railroad tracks are badly bent.
XII. Almost everything is destroyed. Objects are thrown into the air. The ground moves in waves or ripples. Large amounts of rock may move.

SCIENCE ROCKS!!!
Attachments
Loma Prieta (World Series) earthquake in Mercalli Intensity
Loma Prieta (World Series) earthquake in Mercalli Intensity
isoseismals.gif (21.25 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

For those who might be visiting me:

841 Maple Ave
South San Francisco

google map
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link

judith

Post by judith »

Mike,
We'll always be there, where ever you are!!

Mom