Yosemite

Where are my people at?

Grampa & Gramma

Yosemite

Post by Grampa & Gramma »

We had a great visit with Mike, then the relatives in Santa Rosa, and then met Mike and Kathy Turbott in San Francisco and headed for Yosemite. It was rainy the first two days but it snowed on Saturday night and was sunny on Sunday. The Hotel was grand, good food and wine, a pleasant old place like the lodges at Zion, Yellowstone, etc. Lots of wood and stone! The valley was as spectacular as ever, moreso because of all the rain and the waterfalls were working their hearts out! And the layered clouds gave everything a strong vertical perspective. Also, there wern't a lot of people around - the best time of year to visit. Here's some pictures.
We then spent a night in Columbus, then drove Hwy. 49 along the Mother Lode, and ended up in Reno. Mike and Kathy left the next day for Florida, Ireland, South Africa, and Oz! We came home and went to bed!
Mom and Dad
Attachments
We were glad to share a little bit of the  States with our Aussie friends.  We had several "parties"!
We were glad to share a little bit of the States with our Aussie friends. We had several "parties"!
This upper Yosemite Falls.  We could see this from our Hotel room.
This upper Yosemite Falls. We could see this from our Hotel room.
Blue skys and white snow!  Very pretty Sunday morning!
Blue skys and white snow! Very pretty Sunday morning!
You will recognize this as Yosemite, not Yellowstone!
You will recognize this as Yosemite, not Yellowstone!
Russ & Judy
Michael
#6 Son

Post by Michael »

it was great to see you guys. thanks for helping me get my place in order.
Attachments
DSC02254.JPG
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link