SLC ski trip

Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, skateboarding, surfing, etc...
Michael
#6 Son

SLC ski trip

Post by Michael »

So I had a couple of great couple of trips to Utah for some snowboarding.

I took the first trip over the long presidents day weekend. Saturday and Sunday were warm and clear so I hit up the South Jordan skatepark instead of going up to the ski slopes. It was fun to do some skating with Jason. Sunday we made it out to see Mich race at Park City.

Sunday night it snowed 10 inches and Jason and I hit up Snowbird. It was a bit crusty under the new stuff but we tore it up. Jason was showing me all the good tree runs. They opened up the road to Provo in the afternoon and we had some kill speed runs through the powder.

I was scheduled to leave Sunday night but missed my flight. I got the arrival time confused with the deperture, oops. This allowed me to rebook for Wednesday morning and I got another day of boarding in.

After that snow on Sunday night the storms were lining up and hitting Salt Lake City every other day. So six day later I was back on a plane heading to Salt Lake with my buddy Paul. We decided on Monday to get on a plane Tuesday night. It snowed 8 inches on Tuesday, not the epic storm we were expecting, but they had 8" of new snow. Jason came along on Wednesday and we hit up Mineral Basin first thing. They had just opened the cat track out past the turret. Most people were heading out toward the bookends but we dropped in just past the turret. This run had good snow for most of the morning. I got some video of Paul getting some fresh tracks.

On Thursday they had 6-8 more inches of new snow. It kept snowing throughout the day and they had high winds and frostbite warnings off the tram. After a couple trips to the top we decided to stick to the trees off of Wilbur chair. We finshed the day off braving the high winds and white out off of Little Cloud chair. The top was really wind blown but kinda fun when you could see.

It was only supposed to snow a couple of inches on Friday but it ended up dumping almost a foot. They closed Big Cottonwood so we headed up Little Cottonwood and went to Solitude. It was an awesome day. It kept snowing all morning and we had powder runs under the chair. I got to huck some cliffs that I remembered from years ago.

It was a great trip. Great to hang with Jason, Dave and the folks.

To top off the trip I got to sit across from E-40 on the plane back to Oakland. I got to tell him I was a big fan and shake his hand. I think Michaela has him on her phone.

http://www.e-40.com/
Attachments
jason snow face
jason snow face
Paul at the bird
Paul at the bird
Mike snow face
Mike snow face
Snow!
Snow!
MM \m/ike MM
Random Wikipedia Link